Tuesday, January 6, 2015

a new year, a new beginning

Happy New Year! I know, I know, I know.... why have a waited so long to post? I really wanted to post on January first. I really did. Instead, I took the first couple days of the new year to organize my thoughts and figure out what direction I wanted to take my blog. While I am still uncertain of all the new content I will be posting, I do have big ideas. First, let me tell you my resolutions. I am a big fan of the "clean slate" the new year has to offer, maybe it is because I accomplished all my goals I set for 2014. 

Travel more // In 2014, I had the opportunity to travel to many new places. I am so grateful for those chances to explore. However, I have learned that I do not need a plane to discover new places. I am hoping to take advantage of the destinations surrounding me while also, hopefully, having the chance to travel abroad more. 

Learn to cook // My family has never been huge on cooking and so I am hoping to teach myself how to cook gourmet meals (ya know, not just mac and cheese). Since I will be on my own this fall, it is a skill I need to learn before I leave home. Plus, maybe even some cooking recipes on the blog?! :)

Be positive // Many times I catch myself complaining and being so negative about situations. I want to work on spreading positive vibes not only in my everyday activities but also to other people. There is no reason for me to be negative because I have a wonderful God who takes of all my needs. 

So those are just a few of my many resolutions. I mean, there are always things you can work on to make yourself a better person, right? Anyways, I went to Columbia for a shopping trip and I fell in love with the city. I know it is similar to Augusta but it has some of my favorite stores and some really neat restaurants. I had no idea what to wear this day until I received a text from my friend saying "wear a tee, skirt, and black tights". Boom... this is what I came up with from that description. 






 JACKET // TEE (similar) // SKIRT // TIGHTS // SHOES // BAG 


No comments:

Post a Comment